There are many benefits to your health and overall physique if you build muscle. One comment I hear often from women, “I just want to tone up” well guess what, ‘tone’ is muscle.
How much muscle you build is a personal choice but you will benefit from and increasing your lean mass.
Benefits of Building Muscle
- Increased metabolic rate: Muscle burns calories. Even when the body is at rest, you will burn more calories. This will help with weigh control and fighting obesity.
- Better body shape: Building muscle, along with proper nutrition will help you shape your body with rounded shoulders, full glutes, defined legs, etc.
- Smaller body: Muscle is dense compared to fat and takes up less space making your body smaller and tighter
- Stronger bones: Weight training strengths your bones. Having a stronger skeletal system will help you be more functional and strong enough to withstand injury. Also having a stronger skeletal system will help fight off osteoarthritis, osteopenia, and osteoporosis.
- Fights disease: Lean Muscle Mass acts as a protein reserve that your body can draw off of when the immune system is triggered. This helps you stay healthy.
- Fight diabetes: Lean Body Mass will help prevent the onset of insulin resistance/Type 2 diabetes.
There are many other health benefits to building muscle, but the most important, you just look FN awesome!!!
Whether you are new to strength and weight training, or are looking to take your fitness to the next level, Physiques Gym can help you reach your goals.
For more information, on the benefits of lean mass, check out this blog post: Benefits of Building Lean Mass
Schedule a consultation today with one of Physiques Gym coaches, https://physiquesgym.net/contact-us/